I’m stuck on a Communications question and need an explanation.
You will be holding a news (press) conference announcing your for-profit’s campaign. This assignment involves two parts:
- A written submission
- A 2-3 minute video of your initial presentation for the press conference.
For your written submission, answer the following questions:
- Where will the press conference be held? (It should involve minimum travel time.)
- When will the conference be held (date and time)?
- Which media outlets will you invite to the press conference? Be specific in your list, for example: newspapers—The Chicago Tribune or The Sun-Times; radio stations—WIDN and WBBM; or television stations—WBBM-TV, WMAO-TB, WLS-TV, and WTTW (PBS).
- Describe what will be in your media kit that you hand out to the various news outlets that attend the press conference.
- Put together a brief outline of what you will be saying in your 2-3 minute presentation.
- Think about two questions that those in attendance might ask at the end of the conference. Write out the questions and your answers.
For your video presentation:
- Briefly introduce yourself.
- Give a brief history of the NPO.
- Announce the campaign.
Note: For full credit, your presentation must not be shorter than two minutes and not longer than three minutes in length.