Write a 4-page section of a request for proposal (RPF) in which you address the topics of addictions and mental health disorders.
In Assessment 1, you completed Part 1 of a request for proposal (RFP) from a nearby school district that is seeking individuals or groups to design a training and professional development inservice day about the brain and mind from a biopsychological perspective for their educators. In this assessment, use the Assessment 2 Proposal Template (linked in the Resources) to prepare Part 2 of the RFP. Address the following regarding the addictions portion of the professional development inservice:
IV. Recognized Addictions
- What are some of the addictions that are recognized in our society today? What are the drugs and alcohol and other addictions people struggle with?
- What are physiological mechanisms to addiction that make it more likely in one person versus another person?
V. Addiction and Mental Disorders
- What is the connection between addiction and mental disorders? Explain the connection.
- What are some mental disorders that are commonly seen in today’s society?
- Are any of these mental disorders commonly paired with some type of addiction?
- Do any of these addictions or mental disorders seem to be more prevalent in one gender or the other? Explain.
VI. Addictions Information Sheet
Create an information sheet or handout on addiction that is targeted to professionals in a specific context of your choosing; for example, a health clinic, social work agency, school, government agency, et cetera. This handout should serve as a reference guide for professionals to use when they are working with their patients, clients, or consumers. Use Microsoft Word for your information sheet, and include the information sheet as part of the proposal document.
Do not incorporate the questions into the content of your proposal. Use the Capella library to research the material and support your responses.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
- Length: Write a minimum of 4 pages of content. Also include the one-page information sheet, and include a references page.