With regard to treatment resources for Wayne County residents, the following are programs that serve Wayne County and its residents:
- There is the Dick Van Dyke Alcoholism Treatment Center, which serves many counties, including Wayne. The center is located in Ovid, New York.
- There is the Finger Lakes Addiction Counseling and Referral Agency (FLACRA), which provides crisis centers, outpatient treatment for adults and adolescents, and a halfway house. There is a center in Newark, New York, which is located in Wayne County. There are also other centers in surrounding counties operated by FLACRA.
- The Clifton Springs Hospital Addictions Recovery Center has a program in Wayne County.
- Hannick Hall is a residential treatment program for women with alcohol/substance abuse problems located in Newark, New York and is run by the Catholic Family Center Restart Substance Abuse Center.
- There is also the Wayne County Substance Abuse Counseling Program located in Lyons, New York.
- Wayne Behavioral Health Network runs a program called the Wayne Substance Abuse Services program.
- A program in Geneva, New York called the Chemical Dependency Detoxification Program serves Wayne County residents and is operated by Geneva Regional Health System.
- There are 12-step programs including Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, and Alateen groups in Wayne County as well as a Narcotics Anonymous Chapter.
- With regard to prevention and education, there is the Delphi Drug Abuse Center, which has a program for Wayne County youth in the form of prevention counseling services.
- The Council on Alcoholism & Other Chemical Dependencies of the Finger Lakes has a prevention, education, information, and referral program for Wayne County.
Based on the scenario indicating the community resources available in Wayne County for alcohol and substance abuse problems, do the following:
- Identify 2 types of programs that you believe are lacking in this community.
- State why you believe this community would benefit from the 2 types of programs that you identified.
- State what populations each of the programs you identified would serve.