oroughly assess the problems or issues that were identified in the case as well as the solutions or conclusions that were made regarding the case. Next identify and describe a related health information systems topic that encompasses a health care information systems issue; choose one that you feel would be a gap (a breach) or parity (a value) in or to the case. The topic should align with the selected case, for example: systems data collection or patient privacy/breach of patient privacy. Then, write a thesis statement and introductory paragraph explaining the issue to which you plan to propose a solution; include the topic you chose, its relation to the selected case, and the specific gap or parity you identified. Your thesis statement and introductory paragraph should be 300 to 600 words (one to three pages) in length and must provide a rationale for why you chose this health information systems topic. You must utilize at least two scholarly sources, including a minimum of one scholarly source AIDitionally, you must answer the following questions:
- If you were in charge of aIDressing the issue within your selected case, what would your leadership role entail with regard to the proposed project?
- Why is this topic important to health information systems quality?
- What is the issue or quality identified? What improvements are needed? What features are identified?
- How does this impact patient care?
- How does it impact management and staff (the organization as a whole)?
- What are the current conclusions drawn from the case?
Your chosen topic will be woven into the assignment for the subsequent weeks of this course. Every week, you will apply your newly acquired skills and concepts to your chosen topic, which will be incorporated into your Initial and Final Proposal in Weeks Five and Six. Your Final Proposal will be presented with your chosen multimedia platform used for your Final Presentation in Week Six. Review the Minnesota Department of Health SMART and Meaningful Objectives. You will need to understand the concepts presented in this document in order to write your Initial and Final Proposals. For more information regarding the requirements for these assignments, visit the assignment links in Weeks Five and Six, located in the left-hand navigation panel of your online classroom.
The Topic Selection & Thesis Statement:
- Must be 1 to 3 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced and formatted according to APA style
- Must Include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must aIDress the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use two to three scholarly sources,
- Must document all sources in APA style,