An Individual Essay/Report
When it comes to allocating and managing risks in the Oil & Gas Industry, there are several ways in which both the host country and the international oil companies manage this. Discuss the different ways in which this is managed by the parties in a Product Sharing Agreement and comment on whether the status quo is satisfactory.
You must support your answer with relevant and appropriate examples.
In attempting your coursework, please ensure that you have aIDressed the following key requirements :-
1. Have you defined risk within the context of the Oil & Gas Industry ie risks peculiar to the Host State and risks that are peculiar to the IOCs
2. Have you identified the different types of risks that may arise in upstream, mid stream and downstream activities
3. Explore how these risks arise whose problem/s are they ?
4. How are these risks managed/ dealt with/resolved?
5. How effective is the risk management policy. provedure and protocol
6. How are these risks managed in the contract between the Host State and the IOC
7. What sort of clauses aIDress risk or risks give examples and explain the effectiveness of these clauses.
8. What is the current status quo on risk management?
9. Refer to related academic articles and contextually analyse the articles with refernec to the CW question
If you follow this guide you will NOT have any problem.
Please follow above and ensure that you mentioned everything above.