I’m studying for my Statistics class and need an explanation.
Assignment 1: MANOVA in SPSS
Earlier this week, you practiced using MANOVA models with SPSS and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using MANOVA.
- Review the datasets provided.
- Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
- Pay attention to the assumptions of this test, and ask, “Does it make sense to interpret the mean of this dependent variable?”
By Day 7
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design(s) would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- What is the answer to your research question?
- What are the possible implications of social change?
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis. See pages 819 through 823 in your Warner textbook for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of a 6X3 MANOVA.