I’m studying for my Sociology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Week 3 – Assignment
Thesis and Outline of Final Paper
This assignment is to be a thorough outline, including components as detailed below, of your Final Paper.
Your Final Paper is to be a comprehensive research study on one of the following public policy topics:
- Environmental Concerns
- Health Care
- Primary and Secondary Public Education
- Social Security
Your outline of the topic will include:
- The scope and nature of the public policy problem.
- How the problem came to public and political awareness.
- The evolution of related public policy.
- Level of government and the actors involved.
- The intergovernmental structure and political concerns.
- Conflicting public opinion and impact on policy solutions.
- The approaches to policy formulation, adoption, and evaluation.
- The suggested policy direction (continuation, change or termination) and future impact.
This assignment is to include a title page, introductory paragraph with thesis statement, outline of your major points, summarizing or concluding paragraph, and reference page. It must be at least four pages in length and include a minimum of five scholarly sources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford University Library. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style. All sources must be properly cited in text, and your paper must include a separate title page and reference page. The Ashford Writing Center is located within the Learning Resources tab, on the left navigation toolbar.
Your outline should be organized as follows:
- Title pagE
- Introduction with thesis statement
- Outline of topic
- Concluding paragraph
- Reference page
The sources should be from a variety of resources including literature databases, academic journals, books, and other scientific sources.
- Chapter 5: Formulating, Designing, and Adopting Policy
- Chapter 10: A Case Study in Formulation and Legitimation of Policy Solutions: The Reforming of Federal Welfare Policy
1. Gallup. (2015, August 13). “Many Americans Doubt they will get Social Security Benefits (Links to an external site.).” Retrieved from: http://www.gallup.com/poll/184580/americans-doubt-… (This article discusses the results from a poll conducting by Gallup assessing how different groups of people in the United States view the Social Security program
2. Lam, B. (2016, April 5). “How Can the U.S. Salvage Social Security (Links to an external site.).” The Atlantic. Retrieved from: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/0… (This article discusses different ways that the Social Security program can be addressed