UNIT 4 TEXT QUESTIONS
- What do the foods in the countries with the worst diets have in common?
- What makes fast casual restaurants different from fast food restaurants?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of women having children in their mid-to-late 40s?
- How do families help shape norms?
- How can solid ethics help individuals resist peer pressure?
Critical Thinking Questions
- How could culture change to make healthier food the norm?
- Give an example of a change in your community that shows that Americans are becoming more concerned about healthy foods.
- Give an example of a social stigma is today’s society.
- What are the advantages of having many different kinds of families that are socially acceptable?
- Based on the information in the unit, do you think college students who live at home are less likely to engage in binge drinking?
Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
What are some of the ways that your culture shapes your diet? Give some examples of the food that one might find on your dinner table that is shaped by your family’s culture.
Which of the tactics discussed in the unit for saying “no” would you be most likely to use in response to direct pressure? Explain your answer.