I’m trying to learn for my Sociology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
After watching the film Broken on All Sides, answer the following questions.
- What is the central point of the documentary?
- What is the social problem the film addresses?
- How does the film define the “New Jim Crow”?
- How does this film present the reproduction of racial inequality? Provide a specific example.
- Using your sociological imagination, describe how the issue of mass incarceration needs to be examined in a historical context.