UNIT 2 TEXT QUESTIONS
- How can a person have plenty of food yet still be malnourished?
- Explain why e-cigarettes are unhealthy.
- Why is secondhand smoke an environmental risk?
- What health risks does consuming a lot of alcohol create?
- Explain the connection between individual health and a healthy society.
Critical Thinking Questions
- Give an example of a lunch that would meet the MyPlate standards.
- What is the difference between a diet and an eating disorder?
- Why do you think that those between the ages of 21 and 25 are the most likely to get into a drunk-driving accident?
- What is something you could do to help a friend who has consumed too much alcohol be safe?
- Based on the information provided about alcohol, what factors might influence how a person responds to a drug?
The unit describes several aspects of living a healthy lifestyle. Which one is the easiest for you? Which one is the most challenging? Think of one thing that you could do to make a small improvement in the area that is most challenging.
Talk to your family about the health issues in your family history. What kinds of diseases or conditions do those in your family need to be aware of and discuss with your doctor?