UNIT 1 TEXT QUESTIONS
- How does health insurance make health care more accessible?
- What is preventive care?
- In what cases do diet and exercise not address obesity?
- Why do children require more wellness visits than adults do?
- What prevents people with mental illness from getting help?
Critical Thinking Questions
- If someone is not sick, is she healthy?
- For preventive care, would it be better to change doctors frequently or see the same doctor over an extended period? Explain your answer.
- When people are working together, disagreements often arise. Imagine that a group of 10 people has to choose between Option A and Option B. Give two examples of ways in which the members could make the choice. A healthy outcome needs to be fair and have a clear process.
- Why are those who cannot be vaccinated for childhood diseases safer if everyone around them is vaccinated?
- Describe a situation in which a person who is not mentally ill might benefit from seeing a therapist.
Please post questions and answers on the UNIT 1 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.