- Zuckerman (2012) suggests HCOs engage in an annual strategic planning process. The annual planning process is generally less extensive than was employed in the initial development of the strategic plan.Since process options can be categorized into three general alternatives (least process, moderate process, and most process), please describe which process option will be used at the annual retreat and why.
- Your post should be 175-250 words.
- Review the Discussion Grading Rubric
- You will not be able to see any posts by other students until you make your original post.
- Support your post by citing one reference (other than the text).
- Cite paraphrased information but do not use quotes for this assignment.
- Submit your original post by Thursday before 12am midnight (EST).
- Respond to at least two (2) other students’ original post by Sunday before 12am midnight (EST).
- In addition to your replies on other students’ posts, you should also respond to any student who posts to your original post and to any of my questions.
- Module 7 – Strategic Plan AssignmentDropbox20 Points[Learning Objectives Assessed: 1d, 3c, 5a]This week you read about the importance of the Annual Strategic Plan Update. This weeks assignment will give you the opportunity to do some research, and create a update for a retreat that you will be planning.For the first part of this assignment, you should develop a plan to discuss where the retreat will happen, who will be invited, what process method you will use, and what are the reasons/benefits of each of these that you chose.The next part is to actually provide an annual update. For this assignment, please research Johns Hopkins Medicine Strategic Plan. You will see that it is broken out into several Strategic Priorities. Read through them, and research some of the major health care changes that will impact their plan. As an example, if one of their strategic priority is “Education”, with a goal of creating a portal for its constituencies to access health information, and you are aware that health care reform is focused on wellness, and incentivizing providers to keep patients healthy, your annual update may be to have a goal of creating a comprehensive portal by the end of the year that includes specific information for a patient related to their illness, or wellness information for those patients with no active disease state. You can be creative with your goal, but make sure that it is relevant to part of their strategic plan, and the external health care forces acting on it.Your submission should be a minimum of 400 words.
Please submit an APA formatted Word document with the following information to this Dropbox by the designated deadline: