In a 4-6 page paper
Offender Crummey is being released from a minimum security facility next month and has been assigned to your caseload. Your group represents the offenders treatment team upon release. Review the presentence investigation (PSI) and the offenders home plan. As a team, research the community resources and programs available for this offender, and assess his home plan. Develop a detailed treatment plan with measurable goals and objectives. Remember that goals are broader and more long-term, while objectives are the smaller steps that clients take to meet the overall goal.
Write a paper of 4-6 pages that addresses the following:
- What areas does the offender need to address to be successful upon re-entry? Make sure that the goals you develop for him can be measured.
- What community resources and programs will you draw on for this offender?
- Is his home plan appropriate to ensure a successful re-entry? Identify any changes that you would require before approving it.
- Also, discuss how often you would require the offender to check in with you.
- How would you determine whether or not the offender is making progress on his goals and objectives?
In 4-6 paragraphs
Case management often involves a variety of roles and large caseloads. For example, the following scenario is fairly common for correctional case managers:
It is Friday afternoon, and you still have 2 annual reviews and 1 security review to complete. You are expecting 4 offender transfers to arrive at any minute, and you are responsible for handling their intakes. You have to serve as a witness at an institutional charge hearing at 3 pm, and the warden has asked you to contact a local church group to set up a visit next week. You are on your way back to your office, and you notice one of the offenders on your caseload sitting on his bunk, crying. How will you handle all of this? Keep in mind that your facility is not authorizing overtime, so you must leave at 5 pm.
Research time management theories, and discuss which are most appropriate in the field of criminal justice by responding to the following:
- Describe some of the time management theories that you found in your research.
- Which theory do you think would be most effective for you, working in the field of criminal justice?
- Discuss how you would utilize time management to handle the situation outlined above.
- Discuss how you could have utilized that theory to avoid the scenario outlined above.