In 7-10 slides with speaker notes
There are 2 general models to consider when discussing treatment of offenders. First is the medical model, which focuses on psychological evaluation and creating a treatment plan that corresponds with the evaluation.
The second model is known as the psycho/social/behavioral model. This model uses several methods, including a risk assessment and a thorough treatment prescription process. The psycho/social/behavioral model looks at all aspects of the offender’s life.
Compare and contrast the medical and psychological/sociological/behavioral models.
- Using the library, course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research the 2 models of correctional treatment.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the medical model? Explain.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the psycho/social/behavioral model? Explain.
- How are these 2 models similar?
- Based on what you have found, which model do you believe is the most appropriate for assessing special-needs offenders?
- Compile your responses into a PowerPoint presentation of 710 slides.
- Be sure to include speaker notes for each slide.
In 3-5 paragraphs
In todays correctional environment, it is very important to establish a method of correctional treatment.
In this assignment, you will address the following scenario:
- As a correctional administrator, you are in charge of a boot camp filled with males who were sentenced there as a last resort. The offenders have committed nonviolent crimes and have a minimum of a high school diploma.
If you were a correctional administrator, which correctional treatment model would you subscribe to? Explain your answer by giving examples on how the correctional treatment model would improve your facility.
- Address the following in 35 paragraphs:
- Which of the 2 correctional treatment models would you apply to the above scenario? Why?
- Specifically, how would this model improve the facility?
- How would the scenario have to change for you to select the alternate model?