A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
you are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice At least within the last 5 years 2015-2020.
guidelines ( May use https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html )
Please, all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
Discussion: Treatment of Neurocognitive Disorders
Neurocognitive disorders (NCD) such as delirium, dementia, and amnestic disorders are more prevalent in older adults. As the population ages and as life expectancy in the United States continues to increase, the incidence of these disorders will continue to increase. Cognitive functioning such as memory, language, orientation, judgment, and problem solving are affected in clients with NCDs. Caring for someone with a neurocognitive disorder is not only challenging for the clinician, but also stressful for the family. The PMHNP needs to consider not only the client but also the “family as client.” Collaboration with primary care providers and specialty providers is essential. Anticipatory guidance also becomes extremely important.
In this Discussion, you will integrate several sources of knowledge specific to NCDs as you discuss evidenced-based therapies used to treat these disorders.
· Analyze diagnostic criteria for neurocognitive disorders
· Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for neurocognitive disorders
· Evaluate benefits and risks of neurocognitive therapies
· Compare differential diagnostic features of neurocognitive disorders
To prepare for this Discussion:
· your Instructor will have assigned you a neurocognitive disorder, which will be the focus for your initial post for this Discussion. (Frontotemporal disorder)
· Review the Learning Resources.
· Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned Frontotemporal disorder.
· Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned Frontotemporal disorder.
· Identify the risks of different types of therapy and explain how the benefits of the therapy that might be achieved might outweigh the risks.