Due Date: Apr 11, 2018 23:59:59 Max Points: 110
Write a 750-1,000-word assignment that gives a general overview of commonly used substance use disorder treatment approaches. In addition, you are to select two common approaches and compare their similarities and differences.
Include the following in your assignment:
- A brief description of common empirically researched substance use disorder treatments listed in the topics readings such as (MI, CBT, and SF). Include a minimum of two treatment descriptions.
- A discussion about the differences of each treatment listed.
- A discussion about which method you would prefer to use and why.
- A list of professionals who may be involved in treatment, their role, and how you would coordinate treatment with them.
- A minimum of two scholarly sources.
Consider using the following level-one APA headings in your paper to help organize the content:
- Overview of Treatment Approaches to Addictions Counseling
- Treatment Differences
- Preferred Method and Rationale
- Treatment Professionals