Total plasma volume is important in determining the required plasma component in blood replacement therapy for a person undergoing surgery….

Total plasma volume is important in determining the required plasma component in blood replacement therapy for a person undergoing surgery. Plasma volume is influenced by the overall health and physical activity of an individual. Suppose that a random sample of 46 male firefighters are tested and that they have a plasma volume sample mean of x = 37.5 ml/kg (milliliters plasma per kilogram body weight). Assume that σ = 7.00 ml/kg for the distribution of blood plasma. (a) Find a 80% confidence interval for the population mean blood plasma volume in male firefighters. What is the margin of error? (Use 2 decimal places.) lower limit= upper limit= moe = (b) What conditions are necessary for your calculations? (Select all that apply.) the distribution of weights is normal σ is known n is large σ is unknown the distribution of weights is uniform (c) Give a brief interpretation of your results in the context of this problem. The probability that this interval contains the true average blood plasma volume in male firefighters is 0.80. 20% of the intervals created using this method will contain the true average blood plasma volume in male firefighters. The probability that this interval contains the true average blood plasma volume in male firefighters is 0.20. 80% of the intervals created using this method will contain the true average blood plasma volume in male firefighters. (d) Find the sample size necessary for a 80% confidence level with maximal/marginal error of estimate E = 2.00 for the mean plasma volume in male firefighters.

“Order a similar paper and get 20% discount on your first order with us Use the following coupon “GET20”

 

Posted in Uncategorized