A journal entry WITH what different type of material that can can be used when teaching Nursing Certified Assistant.
please include How are you going to use the articleS in preparing your education for the CNAs
Remember references must be in ABC order. Also, there should be a hanging indent after the first line of each reference.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE SITES LISTED BELOW
1)FSU Chestnut Library
PROJECT DESIGN-Staff Development Teaching Project
Your journal entries are the primary means by which you will demonstrate that you are meeting course objectives and fulfilling course requirements.
The content is as follows:
1. Clinical hours for the week & Cumulative hours for the semester.
2. Project Design: Please put your chosen project design here.
3. SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES: Who you communicated with and what you actually did. Differentiate between research, observed, and participatory activities.
4. OBJECTICES for the week: List the clinical objectives that you intend to complete.
5. PROFESSIONAL NURSING STANDARDS & ROLES: Describe each that applied to the clinical experiences for the week. Refer to ANA Position Statement:
The Nurses Role in Ethics & Human Rights p. 7-9 for professional nursing standards. Refer to AACN White Paper on the Education and Role of the Clinical Nurse
Leader p. 10-13 (list on p.13) for professional nursing roles.
6. PROFESSIONAL NURSING VALUES: Describe each that applied to the clinical experiences for the week. Refer to AACN White Paper on the Education and
Role of the Clinical Nurse Leader p. 15 & 16 for professional nursing values OR refer to AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing
Practice p. 27 & 28 for professional nursing values.
7. CRITICAL REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE: This should be a narrative that describes ALL of the references you have compiled during the week. What
literature is out there? Then you need to critique the literature. Are you looking at position statements from organizations or actual research articles? What is the
level of evidence? Should there be a change in practice based on the level of the evidence? Please refer to the project design you have selected to determine what
your review of the literature should be. In-text citations required. You can attach copies of your articles to your journal entries.
8. COMPARISION OF THEORY TO REALITY: How did your experiences compare to the theoretical concepts you presented above? Does theory and real life
9. EVALUATION OF OBJECTIVES: Were your objectives met? Why or why not?
10. PERSONAL REFLECTION ON LEARNING: Thoughts, feelings, reactions, conclusions. Demonstrate full discussion of progress towards completion of
clinical objectives, detailed plan for next clinical experience.
11. References: In APA format.
YOUR NAME: NURS 480 Clinical Journal Entry for Week # X
Clinical hours for week: Cumulative hours for the semester to date:
Summary of activities:
Objectives for the week:
Professional nursing standards & roles:
Professional nursing values:
Critical review of the literature:
Comparison of theory to the reality:
Evaluation of objections: