Health Promotion, Chronic and Acute Illness
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to gain an understanding of health promotion, screening, diagnosis, and management of common womens health acute and chronic illnesses and to compare and contrast common versus nontraditional treatment modalities.
- Select one acute and one chronic womens health issue (e.g., urinary tract infection and osteoporosis).
- Describe and outline the issue, prevalence, and significance.
- Describe health promotion and screening for each issue.
- Outline diagnostic tests or laboratories needed for each issue. Elaborate on what you would expect or anticipate in the diagnostic testing with each illness you choose.
- List and describe common treatment or management modalities for each issue.
- Discuss patient education and follow up that is needed for each issue.
- Identify health screening and promotion needs for women across the lifespan specific to the chronic illness.
- For each selected issue, compare and contrast traditional versus nontraditional treatment options.
- Examine how you would collaborate with other members of the health care team for best practice.