Topic: Case 2: Competition in Energy Drinks, Sports Drinks and Vitamin-Enhanced Beverages
1. Read carefully the A Word about the Cast Studies
2. Read the Competition in Energy Drinks Case that is available as an uploaded file
3. Write a 6-page report on PepsiCo based on the discussion below. IMPORTANT NOTE: answering the questions at the end of the case study is NOT the assignment.
As a new member of PepsiCos brand management department, you have been asked to prepare an analysis of the global and U.S. alternative beverages industry. Your 6-page executive summary should list strategic issues confronting PepsiCo and its alternative beverage brands and make recommendations to aIDress such issues. The executive summary should be supported by your analysis of the industry. The exhibits to the summary report MUST include: A Five Forces model, macro-environmental characteristics, key success factors, drivers of change and industry dynamics, and a strategic group map (see chapters 3 and 4 which are available as an uploaded file).
NOTE: this case is about the alternative beverage industry & the role of Pepsi in that industryDO NOT focus on the cola wars w/ Coke.
Further note: You are EXPECTED to UPDATE the case and include relevant, CURRENT sources (this current sources must be the one reference that is allowed to be used. Other references for this project is the case study and chapters 3 and 4). You are expected to follow APA style throughout (including font choice, margins, and reference style).
What is expected:
1. Incluede a graphic representation as the strategic map in your case. Google it if you need to see examples.
2. The update to the case should be part of the body of your paper, not a separate section at the end.
3. The headings in your paper should be the sections that are required. Use headings!
4. You do not need to define all the required elements. I know what Porters Five Forces are and what they measure. Dont waste space telling me about them.
5. Graphics you include should NOT be generic (e.g., a graphic of macroenvironmental characteristics); they should be specific to Pepsi and its competitors (if applicable).
The paper should have an introduction talking about the beverage industry in general and the alternative beverage segment specifically. The paper should have an effective conclusion and should not just end abruptly.
Note that the recommendations should flow from the case youve made throughout the text. The recommendations should follow logically.
Dont forget to aIDress all of the 5 Forces.
Drivers of Change. See this website for a good discussion of drivers of change.
The exhibits to the summary report MUST include: A Five Forces model, macro-environmental characteristics, key success factors, drivers of change and industry dynamics, and a strategic group map. If you do not cover all of these factors, points will be deducted.
Finally, it says it above, but it bears mentioning again: You MUST UPDATE the case. What has happened in the alternative beverage industry since the case was written? Do some research!
And it should go without saying that your writing should be Graduate School level and your APA format should be perfect.