The course project assignment for this module is to provide a title and outline for your paper. Your title and outline may change as your course project progresses in the modules to come, but this is a good way to start thinking about the larger scope of your project. Please include an introduction and a general outline of topics that you will be discussing in your paper.
There are 3 case studies we had to choose and this is what the outline must answer for each case.
- Write a 5-7 page paper referencing the case studies you have selected (3), the resources gathered, applying the principles you learn in this course.
- Provide an overview of each case study you selected.
- Identify which form of provider-patient communication approach is being used in each case.
- Be sure to document each patient’s views of their current medical condition and any other information you are able to obtain from the case study interviews.
- Identify Allopathic Medicine treatment options appropriate for each patient. Give a detailed description of each treatment option.
- Identify possible Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) treatments available. Give a detailed description of any CAM treatments available.
- Include barriers that might influence the provider and what is offered as a treatment option including provider communication approach, among others.
- Identify barriers that would prevent the patient from choosing either Allopathic or CAM treatments. These could include patients’ personal, social, spiritual, financial, or support barriers.
- Discuss what your role may be with Patient Advocacy and identify the value in Therapeutic Communication with the patient.