This assignment is designed to increase your social currency. We just had the CES in Las Vegas. You will do as follows:
- You will find three electronic/technology products according to the following requirements
- One would be futuristic (i.e. only a prototype is in place, the actual product is not being sold)
- One would be cutting edge technology (the actual product should be available now)
- A quirky, interesting, small techno gadget (something you could buy for 10 to 29 bucks). The key aspect here is that it has some technology but more than that it is interesting to talk about or show off.
- You will ensure that none of your chosen items have been submitted by your classmates on the discussion forum on Canvas. That means each student’s submission has to be unique.
- You will post your entries on discussion (thereby claiming them, so that others cannot submit the same) and also post it as your assignment under the assignments/random assignment 1. Your submission should be about one paragraph per item. It should talk about the technology, its application, price, manufacturer, where to get it, and what is so interesting about it. Provide a web link so that anybody can find more information about it, if interested.
- Those who turn in the assignment fast will have larger number of items to choose from. The more you delay the tougher it gets to find something that has not been claimed. The deadline is Jan 27 (end of day).
- Irrespective of when you submit you will have to read all entries by your classmates to prepare for the exam. All entries will be candidates for questions on the mid term and final exam. The idea here is to acquaint yourself with enough number of cutting edge technologies so that you are well-versed.