This assignment involves several steps and will be completed in partnership with a class Dutch students who are studying health care management at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands.. Please read the assignment carefully.
- Each Marymount student will be introduced to a small team (2-3) of Dutch students.
- Prepare a one paragraph bio and send it to your team members. They will provide you with their bios. (Due March 2)
- Develop a list of 4 questions related to your assigned discussion topic. Send your questions to your team mates. They will send their questions about the U.S. system to you. (Due March 2)
- Research answers to the questions you receive from your Dutch partners.
- Schedule a Facetime or Skype call with your Dutch partners to complete the interview. Share the answers to their questions. Receive their answers to your questions. Please note: Plan ahead to ensure that you can accommodate the time zone difference between our communities; be flexible and generous with your partners. (Due March 16 – April 1)
- Write a short paper (no more than 3 pages) summarizing:
- What questions about the Dutch health care system did you ask, and what did you learn? Include an explanation for each question.
- Are there any aspects of the Dutch health system that you believe would be beneficial to implement in the United States? Why or why not?