I’m studying for my Writing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The Injustice of God?
- Luke 10:25-37; 16:1-13; 18
- Kingdom, Grace, Judgment (Capon, 2002)
- Book 2, Chapter 14: The Hardest Parable
- Book 2, Chapter 17: God as Anti-Hero
- Book 2, Chapter 18: Death and Resurrection One Last Time
- Stories with Intent (Snodgrass, 2018)
- The Unjust Steward
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
The idea of appealing to unjust people as examples of God’s grace is counter-intuitive for many people. Rather, it seems like those who are most righteous should be the best examples of how God acts. In four to five paragraphs, respond to the following:
- Is there something unjust about the nature of the Gospel message itself? That is, is the Gospel itself unjust? How do the parables help you puzzle through this?
- How do God’s justice and mercy inter-relate? How do these parables help our reflection on this? Give examples to support your point of view.
Support your statements with evidence from the Required Studies and your research.