Assignment – The Gig Economy
UBER – PAPER 2
Things to Consider:
Break Assignment down – understand the points and purpose of assignment
News brief or memo- include a 1. Heading, 2. Summary statement, 3. Background, and 4. Recommendations.
**It will take at least 2-3 pages of written content to effectively answer the questions presented.
Material and concepts applied should achieve the following objectives:
- Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
- Analyze and evaluate the employment-at-will doctrine and the statutory protections afforded employees.
- Analyze and evaluate laws and regulations relative to product safety, liability and representations.
Questions to address in Memo/Brief:
1. Summarize the main principles of agency.
- Explain Agency Relationship
> Define principal – agent
>Examine liability: Principal – Agent …..and so on
2. Analyze the circumstances under which Uber might be liable for the conduct of its drivers.
- Explain role of an Uber, and its drivers
- Apply Agency relationship – theory, to the Uber – Driver concept …and so on
- Are drivers’ employees or contractors? Which impacts issues and theories of liability; examine this.
3. Identify the steps Uber can take, if any, to limit its legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
>risk assessment – Duty [legal & ethical]
> Liability; what practices can minimize/reduce legal and ethical liability to stakeholders – drivers, customers, etc.
>based upon an overall construct of the agency theory, how best should this relationship be formed to reduce company exposure
****Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
****Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.