I’m working on a Psychology exercise and need support.
For this discussion:
- Describe the synapse of a terminal button onto a dendritic membrane.
- Indicate at least six ways that a drug can affect synaptic transmission.
- Compare the changes in drug reactivity that are noted in tolerance and sensitization.
- Explain why each of the six effects occurs. Specifically, what are the chemical behaviors of the drug that cause the effect on the synaptic transmission?
- Reference any sources using standard APA guidelines.
Please use three additional resources as well as the book
Carlson, N. R. (2014). Foundations of behavioral neuroscience (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson