For every therapy theory that will be covered this semester, you are required to write a 4 to 6 page paper answering the following questions. Please Note: This is not a summary paper. Your own ideas and critical understanding of these theories should be reflected in the papers. Thus, your responses to the questions below should not be a copy or duplication of the text from the readings. Copy or duplication of the text from the readings will negatively impact your grade for this assignment.
You paper must aIDress the following questions:
1. What are the basic tenets of this approach to therapy?
2. How does this approach understand health and pathology
3. How does this approach understand individual, couple and family dynamics?
4. What are the core therapy techniques?
5. How does this theory compare and contrast with the other theories you read this semester?
6. What is the interface between this theory and gender, class, race, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, and culture? What are your thoughts about the lack of this interface with the theory?
7. What are your reactions to the theory? What have you learned from this theory that may help you clinically? How do you imagine using this theory in practice?