Students should provide the instructor with an annotated bibliography for four to five scholarly resources that will be used in support of the Portfolio Project in Module 8. In this instance, instead of submitting a paper, each reference can be a bulleted slide for each reference (the annotation for each reference should be found within the speaker notes or on the slides themselves). Each source referenced should be accompanied by a brief (approximately 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph clarifying why the reference is included in the student’s research. The annotation should inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
PowerPoint: Phases of Strategic Analysis, Research, and Implementation
Students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the application of phases of organizational strategic analysis, research, and implementation. This milestone will provide perspective concerning how integration and application of these phases inform their approach to the Portfolio Project case study which will be due in Module 8.
As you have been conducting/working on your capstone project, you have used analytical tools, conducted research, and analyzed possible barriers towards implementation of your proposed plan. Your goal is to explain how you have applied/intend to apply these concepts to build your capstone project.
- Analysis: Select one type of analytical method learned in this class. Explain how you would use this to arrive at one of your decision(s) in the capstone project.
- Research: Select one type of research method learned in the class or prior classes. Explain how you would use this to arrive at one of your conclusion(s) in the capstone project.
- Implementation: Select one type of implementation barrier you may face when implementing your capstone project. Explain how you would address this implementation barrier.
Submit a 3-4 slide PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates an understanding of the various phases of organizational strategic analysis, research, and implementation. The slides should provide perspective concerning how these phases inform their approach to the Portfolio Project case study which will be due in Module 8.
At least three of the sources cited in your annotated bibliography should be included in this submission to show evidence of research being applied in the final project (new references might also be used as well).
The presentation should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 slides in length (excluding title and reference pages),
Include at least three current references from peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.
Stand-Alone Hospital or Another Healthcare Organization
For this project, you are to evaluate an existing strategic initiative, or program (e.g., addition of a hospital wing, opening of a new location, closing of an existing branch) for an actual/real stand-alone hospital or other independent healthcare organization (you may select a hospital, large medical group, nursing home, or an ambulatory care facility) within your community.
For the purpose of the assignment, assume that you are the Director of Strategic Planning for this organization, and the CEO has assigned you the responsibility for assessing (1) where the program is in its life cycle and (2) making an informed decision as to the best way forward strategically; i.e., should the organization expand the program, continue the current strategy it employs, change certain aspects of operational strategy, fully maintain the program as is, merge the program with an existing one, or close the program? The summary of your assessment will be presented to the Board of Directors, CEO, COO, and CFO.
Write a paper that proposes the process you would implement for assessing this project.
The paper should include the following:
- Executive Summary
- A brief description of the current program.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and goals that support the project.
- Assessment: An evaluation of various factors that affect the feasibility and project development.
- Justification for the project via a robust assessment of the internal and external environment, using at least two tools discussed in our course; such as SWOT+PEST, Five Forces, BCG, etc.
- Consideration of organizational restrictions and constraints, mission, vision, values, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Consideration of organizational issues, context, and multiple perspectives and dimensions are considered.
- Implementation: Provide a summary of your recommendations and strategies for implementation.
- Realistic strategies and tactics identified with sufficient detail.
- Articulates the who, what, when, where, and why.
- Considers organizational restrictions and constraints, mission, vision, values, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Relevant forces are adequately considered.
- Program Evaluation: A brief discussion of how you will evaluate and benchmark the project post-implementation.
- Specifies measures that would be tracked and trended post-implementation to ensure the action was effective and efficient.
- Organizational issues, context, and multiple perspectives and dimensions are considered.
- Infographic depicting the various strategic development stages you will employ, as learned in Module 5
- Conclusion: This brief summary should pull together your assessment and recommendations and leave the audience with a clear sense of your results and the next steps in light of the overall vision of the organization.
The paper should be:
- 8-12 pages (not including the required cover and reference pages),
- Be supported with a minimum of seven recent (within the past three to six years), scholarly sources to substantiate your position in the matter,
- Be formatted to APA 6th
- The Infographic should be on one page. It should have notes within or an addendum highlighting the various aspects of strategic analysis that you undertook.