Journal Article Review # 1
Spiritual and Cultural Components of Holistic Nursing
Choose an article on spiritual and/or cultural considerations in health care. I included one about Jehovah’s Witness . Investigate the nursing journals in the library and select an article on this topic. Read the article carefully. Write a review of the article. Outline two to three elements of religious or cultural beliefs that come to bear on medical decisions, then discuss implications one may need to consider as a health care professional.
Journal Article Review # 1 (p 2)
The body of the paper should have four sections:
1. Introduction: The introduction is the first part of the content of the paper. It should be one paragraph which includes the author(s) full name, article title, journal name, and date of publication.
2. Summary of the Article: The summary is the second section of the paper. It should include the focus of the article, the cultural beliefs discussed, the impact of these customs and beliefs on healthcare, and the nurse’s role in integrating these customs and beliefs in the plan of care.
Journal Article Review # 1 (p 3)
3. Evaluation of the Article: The evaluation includes a one-two page analysis which answers the following questions:
- Was the article well written? What could have been improved in the article?
- Was there a clear explanation of the customs and beliefs of the culture
- Did the article discuss the impact of these beliefs or customs on health care?
- Was there discussion of how the nurse can incorporate these beliefs and customs in the plan of care?
- Did this article interest you? Explain why or why not.
- Should more research articles be written about this topic?
- What target population would benefit most from the information in the article?
4. Conclusion: In this paragraph(s), identify the main ideas of your paper and summarize your understanding of the article.
The finished Assignment should be 2-4 pages in length, excluding the title page and references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before you finalize your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize SpellCheck and GrammarCheck to minimize errors; and
- access information regarding APA citation information
Assignment Requirements (p 2)
Your SON writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources