Your first paper assignment will require you to write a three to three-page response essay that summarizes and critiques the different alternatives to social research that Neuman discusses in Chapter 1 of his textbook.
The question is:
- Discuss three alternative sources of knowledge to social research. Explain why social research is better even if it is not always right and cannot answer every question
- Please know that your response essay should be your evaluation of the alternatives to social research that are discussed within the first chapter of the Neuman book.
- Please do not write a book report or chapter review of the alternatives to social research that are discussed in the Neuman book. Instead, tell me your opinions and thoughts about the alternatives to social research that Neuman discusses in the first chapter.
- Be sure to provide clear and logical statements of whether you agree or disagree with Neuman’s thoughts on the alternatives to social research.
- You should also make sure to identify the strengths and weaknesses in Neuman’s arguments concerning the alternatives to social research.
- Make sure to write clearly and carefully so that your opinions are present within the paper.
The technical instructions for your first paper assignment are as follows:
- Your completed paper should be a minimum of three (3) full pages, and no more than three (3) full pages. A full-page has original text all the way to the bottom of the page.
- Your paper must be double-spaced.
- You may use only Times, 12-point font.
- Your paper must have a one-inch margin at the top, bottom, and sides of each page. Your paper must have page numbers.
- Your paper must have a title The title page must contain your name and a title for your project. Please be aware that the title page does not count as part of your overall page count. You must strictly adhere to these formatting requirements or you will lose points on your paper.
- The paper should be free of all grammatical errors and spelling errors! Be sure to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling before turning in your final project. Because you will be word-processing your paper, you will have access to a spell checker and a grammar checker. Therefore, make sure that there are no errors in grammar or spelling. If there are any grammatical errors and/or spelling errors, you will lose points on your paper.
- Do not use contractions as you write.
- Do not use headers and footers.
- use only ASA referencing style for any citations.
- Submit your Paper 1 no later than Sunday, November 17, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. CST. Please DO NOT email a copy of your paper to me.
- Late papers will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- You may turn in your paper early if you wish; however, a grade will not be assigned for your paper until after the due date.