SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PLAN
Whole Foods vision focuses on setting standards in grounds of excellence for the retailers involved with foods.
- Selling both natural and organic products of highest quality
- Making consumers of Whole food products satisfied and happy.
- Offering support to members of the team in terms of their excellence as well as happiness.
- Utilizing its revenues and growth to promote wealth creation.
- Maintaining concerns on the communities as well as the environment.
- Enhancing mutual growth for the organization and also, the suppliers.
- Engaging stakeholders by instilling promotion of health through education on healthy foods.
Three spheres and the environment
Whole food focuses on enhancing as well as getting involved in the community citizenship through assisting local with loans as a social responsibility. It also, strives to protect the environment through adopting sustainable practices in waste management. AIDitionally, in economic sphere it enhances growth of the local producers through provision of low interest loans. Therefore these loans facilitate development of local products in the market.
- Involvement in the community and,
- Leadership centered on innovativeness.
Stakeholder view of programs and actions of the company
- Quality customer service through responding to consumers inquiries on information and products.
- Developing and maintaining relationships that are based on trustworthiness with the stakeholders.
- Communication maintenance between the stakeholders with integrity.
- Varying views on issues raised by employees being aIDressed.
- Enhancing a clear level of transparency with all the stakeholders
- Fostering quality communication (Dobers, 2009) coupled with integrity; hence instill trust with stakeholders.
- The organization utilizes an economic value aIDed financial framework to maintain value of stakeholders with sustainability considered. However, Eighty two percent of employees enjoy their work, meaning that not all employees are satisfied with the companys initiatives.
- Taking consideration of the failures and success, therefore the attention is centered on the stakeholders satisfaction, as a corporate culture.
- To the investors, Whole food generates more attention towards shareholders value maximization. This has portrayed mixed views with investors as a top priority to consumers.
- Suppliers are assisted in form of loans to grow their businesses.
Increases the satisfaction of the employees to their work hence raise the level to 100 percent. This involves implementing long term derivatives in terms of employment stability (Dobers, 2009), through evaluating employees issues, hence improve on employees values.
Regulatory structures for Whole Food Company focus on the employees treatment, practices of the suppliers, management of the environment, sustainability maintenance and consistency of products quality and value. More so, Whole Food adheres to regulations in terms of offering high quality products prepared with excellent standard products. In relation to government entities, the company is an example for benchmarking.
Maintain quality beyond par as well as follow regulation to the letter, hence long-term consistency evident.
4. Civil Society
Whole Foods works with different NGOs initiating projects geared towards reducing levels of poverty in developing countries. More so, the company works with local communities to facilitate prosperity as well as creation of wealth in those communities. Furthermore, customers are centered on with consideration of their satisfaction in terms of products and services. In aIDition, Whole Foods incorporates and yet instill practices that garner protection of the ecosystem. This is fostered through maintaining clear policies with its suppliers on sustainable practices.
Engage in more community activities worldwide to enhance brand promotion (Dobers, 2009).
Within local environment, the company facilitates the consistency of eco-friendly practices. Further, the organization derives at managing the environment through advocating for sustainable practices within local communities they work with. On the other hand, on the global environment, the impact of the company was felt with its contribution towards development of renewable energy in forms of wind farms. This creates a positive outlook for the company in maintaining sustainability on a global perspective. In aIDition, the company waste disposals based on three factors; the recycling, reusing and reduction of wastage.
Engage in sustainable awareness programs with emphasis on environmental risks management.
Based on the review of the organizational current status, various aspects are in line with commendable corporate social responsibility. The vision of the company encompasses the aspects of all factors that the organization deals with. Consequently, there are areas that can be enhanced to develop the organization further in leadership. Commendable improvement area involves catering to a whole range of consumers so as to increase relevancy as well as corporate responsibility. Some consumers cannot afford the products though a preference. Therefore, the corporate management should facilitate the affordability of their products to low income earners without altering the quality.
AIDitionally, another area of major scrutiny involves the employees. Based on the results, determining the satisfaction of employees probes implementation of strategies to enhance utterly satisfaction of the employees, to a highest level. Further, maintain personnel management policies formulation, as a key to high productivity hence overall consistent and high performance.
Dobers, P. (2009). Corporate social responsibility: management and methods. Corporate Social Responsibility & Environmental Management, 16(4), 185-191. doi:10.1002/csr.201