Review article by Scott Strauss, “Second-Generation Comparative Research on Genocide” (World Politics, Vol.59, No.3 April 2007)
- Identify and describe the main points of the first-generation of scholarship on genocide? According to first-generation scholarship, what are the main causes of genocide?
- Identify and describe the main points made by second-generation scholarship on genocide. According to second-generation scholars, what are the main causes of genocide?
- What are some of the main problems associated with first generation scholarship?
- In what ways are first and second generation arguments similar? In what ways are they different?
Your essay should have the following:
- An introduction
- An introductory paragraph that informs the reader about the content and purpose of the essay.
- A conclusion
- A conclusion that sums up the arguments made in the body of the paper.