I am providing a scenario below which includes a starting point for you plus the data you have collected. Please be sure that you answer all of the questions within your written report that is to follow the guidelines for presenting research as delineated in the APA Publication Manual 6th edition (title page, abstract, properly labeled tables and figures, etc.). See chapter 2 of the APA Manual 6th edition beginning on page 21 Manuscript Structure and Content.
Your submission should include a title page, abstract, introduction, method, results, discussion, and reference list.
See page 27 of the APA Manual 6th edition section 2.05 to see what should be included in the introduction. To see what should be included in the method section, turn to page 29 of the APA Publication Manual 6th edition. Section 2.07 on page 32 of the APA Publication Manual 6th edition discusses what should be included in the results section; and section 2.08 on page 35 of the APA Publication Manual 6th edition explains what should be included in the discussion section.
Be sure the reference list adheres to APA Publication Manual 6th edition guidelines and submit the paper to Turnitin. Your paper should be 7-12 pages in length, double spaced, not including the title page, abstract, reference page, and any appendices.
Dawn and David are researchers who have been examining mortality data for the top ten causes of death, nationwide. They have been reviewing mortality reports from the Center for Disease Control database and are interested in determining whether or not causes of death differ between males and females for each of four geographic regions (North, South, Midwest, West).
You will need the Causes of Death data file to analyze in creation of your Research Paper. The data file is available in the Course Content section of our classroom.
Remember that you will need to conduct a literature review regarding causes of death, and related to your research questions.
Based upon the data set provided, please answer the following questions in the discussion section of your Research Paper:
1) What are the research hypothesis(es) and what type research question does it represent (descriptive, relationship, difference)? State each of the corresponding null hypotheses.
2) What is the independent variable? What are the dependent variables?
3) Construct a FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTION, based upon the data set provided.
4) Compute the mean number of unintentional injury deaths for females and for males.
5) Which inferential statistic is MOST appropriate to determine whether males and females differed along the research conditions?
Based upon either accepting or rejecting the null hypothesis:
6) Is there a difference between males and females for each of the top ten causes of death?