Week 5 Presentation Assignment: Research of Cyber Laws – An Organizational Presentation
As a manager or leader in an organization, it is vital for you to understand critical cyber laws that affect your organization so that sound policies, procedures, and guidelines can be established to ensure that your organization conforms to the various laws. It is also important for employees of an organization, as well as other entities that interact with the organization, to understand the basics of the cyber laws that are enforced within your organization.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Research each of the foundational laws below:
- Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, 2003
- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act (US Patriot Act), 2001, renewed 2006
- Children’s Internet Protection Act, 2000
- Financial Services Modernization Act, 1999
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), 1998
- No Electronic Theft (NET) Act, 1997
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), 1996
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), 1991
- In a very brief and easy to understand format, create a presentation that can be used to instruct individuals and groups on the basic substantive content and purpose of each law.
- For each law, create a single slide that cites the full title of the law, providing a brief description of the law and its content in 4-5 bullet points.
- To gain interest, utilize graphics and a colorful slide set theme, but ensure that the presentation is easy to read and understand, is professional in appearance, and is visually pleasing and balanced (consistent fonts and font sizes).
The format of the presentation should follow the following professional guidelines:
- Title slide
- Introduction and/or Agenda slide
- A single slide for each law
- Conclusion slide
- Reference slide
Use current APA format for your citations and Reference slide.
Note: Designing your presentation using the notes area is useful for recording and organizing your thoughts as you develop your slides. Making notes for yourself is a good practice and helps you stay focused with accurate information, especially if you are delivering your presentation.