- Evidence-based research indicates a causal link between socioeconomic status and both individual health and community or population health. For this discussion, use the resources provided and your own research to complete the following:
- Based on your understanding of the information presented in the discussion resources, explain—in your own words—ï»¿the ways in which social inequity affects health status.
- Research your state to find programs or initiatives: Texas (such as the California Endowment’s Building Healthy Communities initiative) that are attempting to address the causal link between socioeconomic status and health. Share what your state is doing. Include outcomes or statistics related to the effort.
- Evaluate the overall effort of your state.
- What approaches have had a positive effect?
- What needs or gaps still need to be addressed?