read Chapters 7-9 in Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease book and answer the questions.
Chapter 7: Opening your heart to your feelings and to inner peace.
- What research has provided evidence for the health benefits of relaxation and stress management techniques?
- How might yoga help heal our isolation from our feeling and inner self and bring inner peace?
- Write up a brief program for overall stretching (Ha-tha = sun and moon)
- What are some simple office stretches that can be done during the workday?
- What affects breathing and what do changes in breathing affect? What are some methods of breathing practice?
- Describe Visualization or Imagery. How might it be a benefit to health?
Chapter 8: Opening your heart to others.
- What are communication skills and how can using them help us feel more connected to others so that we can transcend our sense of separateness?
- How can altruism, compassion and forgiveness be healing?
- How can group support and disclosing be beneficial to health?
Chapter 9: Opening your heart to a higher self.
- Why might opening one’s heart to a higher force be healing?
- What are the characteristics of meditation?
- What are some ways to meditate and how often should one meditate?
- Discuss self-analysis and prayer as ways of experiencing a higher force?
Chapter 7Q1.Use of humor makes one’s mind to think and have things done in a peculiar way. It destroys allthe sources of stress in oneself. Feelings of stress will be made irrelevant in…