I’m studying for my Literature class and need an explanation.
reading the attached articles and respond to the following questions (300 words minimum)
- What institutions of learning were there in the Edo period? What were their purposes?
- What were the roles of family members in Edo women’s education?
- Why were commoner girls in the Edo period “hesitant about displaying their learning”?
- What types of literacy and education did Edo period women have access to?
- What connection/comparison/contract can be made between women’s education in the Edo period and now?