Help me study for my Computer Science class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Required Source Information and Tools
Web References: Links to Web references in this document and related materials are subject to change without prior notice.
The following tools and resources will be needed to complete this project:
- Course textbook
- Internet access
- DoD instructions or directives
- Risk Management Framework (RF) for Department of Defense Information Technology (IT) http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/8510… and http://www.rmf.org/images/stories/rmf_documents/85…
- Department of Defense Information Security Program
- Department of Defense Internet Services and Internet-Based Capabilities
- Department of Defense Proposes New Information Security Requirements for Contractors:
- School/public library (optional)
You work for a high-tech company with approximately 390 employees. Your firm recently won a large DoD contract, which will add 30% to the revenue of your organization. It is a high-priority, high-visibility project. You will be allowed to make your own budget, project timeline, and tollgate decisions.
This course project will require you to form a team of 2 to 3 coworkers (fellow students) and develop the proper DoD security policies required to meet DoD standards for delivery of technology services to the U.S. Air Force Cyber Security Center (AFCSC), a DoD agency. To do this, you must develop DoD-approved policies and standards for your IT infrastructure (see the “Tasks” section below). The policies you create must pass DoD-based requirements. Currently, your organization does not have any DoD contracts and thus has no DoD-compliant security policies or controls in place.
Your firm’s computing environment includes the following:
- 12 servers running Microsoft Server 2012 R2, providing the following:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application (Oracle)
- A Research and Development (R&D) Engineering network segment for testing, separate from the production environment
- Microsoft Exchange Server for e-mail
- Symantec e-mail filter
- Websense for Internet use
- Two Linux servers running Apache Server to host your Web site
- 390 PCs/laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Reader
Tasks in paper
- Create policies that are DoD compliant for the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Develop a list of compliance laws required for DoD contracts.
- List controls placed on domains in the IT infrastructure.
- List required standards for all devices, categorized by IT domain.
- Develop a deployment plan for implementation of these polices, standards, and controls.
- List all applicable DoD frameworks in the final delivery document.
- Write a professional report that includes all of the above content-related items.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, Size 12, Double-Space
- Citation Style: APA style guide
- Length: 3-5 pages