Help me study for my Algebra class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Please reply to the below post in at least 250 words
- Chapter 5, Sections 5 and 6, in Algebra &Trigonometry: Graphs and Models
- Ledwith, J. (2017, June 17). How to solve exponential decay functions. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/solving-exponential-decay-functions-2312204
- Green, D. R., & Anthony, T. R. (2015). Occupational noise exposure of employees at locally-owned restaurants in a college town. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 12(7), 489–499. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4753563/
Bittinger, M. L., Beecher, J. A., Ellengoben, D. J., and Penna, J. (2016). Algebra & trigonometry: Graphs and models (6th ed.). [E-reader version]. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. Retrieved from http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northameri…
Brown, S. (2016, September 18). Loan or investment formulas. Retrieved from https://brownmath.com/bsci/loan.htm
Wenner, J.M. (2018, January 16). Population growth and resource depletion. Retrieved from https://serc.carleton.edu/quantskills/methods/quan…
Worldometer. (n.d.). Current world population. Retrieved from http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
For this discussion, you will be using the population growth equation found in the Required Reading for this week. In particular, your task is as follows:
- Use the population growth equation to determine the expected population for a state (not already chosen by another student) in the year 2050. Make sure to cite any outside sources used to determine the current growth rate.
- Determine when the population will double (i.e., Doubling Time, T).
- Discuss additional examples of real-world contexts that can be modeled using exponential or logarithmic equations.
- In your responses to peers, compare your results and comment on their additional examples.