You have finally landed a long awaited interview for a reading specialist/literacy coach position. One of the interview questions presents a scenario asking you how you would coach a new classroom teacher on creating a literate environment.
In a 1,000-1,250-word analysis and utilizing the elements of the assessment plan which you developed, create a Literate Environment plan, citing 3-5 best practices. Your plan should include, but not limited to:
- Two assessments that would positively contribute to the literacy environment in your classroom, as well as a rationale for using those assessments.
- Two possible classroom arrangements where the design of the physical environment optimizes students’ use of traditional print, digital, and online resources in reading and writing instruction.
- Supportive social environments that are low risk and include choice, motivation, and scaffolded support to optimize students’ opportunities for learning to read and write.
- Suggestions for effective routines that support reading and writing instruction (e.g., time allocation, transitions from one activity to another, discussions, and coordinating the resources of time, space, and learners’ attention.).
- Use of multiple literacies.
- Grouping practices that utilize a variety of classroom configurations (i.e., whole class, small group, and individual) to differentiate instruction and promote literacy.
Conclude your paper by addressing how you would model and coach the classroom teacher. You may include elements from assignments previously used in this class within your plan.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.