Your final paper should discuss similarities and differences between the human language and animal communication systems. You should compare and contrast the two systems in one or more of the following aspects:
- Mechanism – how individuals produce and perceive communicative signals
- Ontogeny – how individuals learn and become mature communicators
- Function – how properties of the communicative system affect the individuals’ chance of survival and reproduction
- Phylogeny – how properties of the communicative system have evolved over time
- Complexity – how complex the communicative signals can be
Your final paper should be around 2,000 words. As for formatting, I recommend 12 point font, double spaced,1 inch margin all around. As for citation, direct quotes from class materials are prohibited. You should explain or describe them in your own words. If you incorporate materials from elsewhere, you must cite your sources properly. You can choose any citation style (e.g. APA, MLA, IEEE) as long as you are consistent throughout the paper. Please look at the Attached file for more information.