I’m trying to learn for my Academic class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
New Content: Project Research Execution
- Research Execution
- Conduct the research identified in the research plan and document the process as it is performed.
- Gather the research results in an organized format that clearly identifies how the results relate to the identified problem(s) and the benefits that can be expected from solutions that have been found.
- Research Results Summary
- Summarize the results of the research.
- Include a discussion of specific project objectives that can now be stated based upon the research. Each objective should be unique and not overlap with other objectives and each objective should be supported by information and measures identified via the research. For example, a potential problem could be a trend of reduced customer satisfaction that is correlated with reduced sales. Research concerning what causes this type of problem and research about solutions, may reveal many issues and solutions. For example, customer service could be slow due to an IT system that has a slow response time when customer service representatives access information. The online sales portal that the customers utilize (if there is one) could be too slow – it could also be confusing. It could be that it is needed to consider using Social Media as part of a new customer relations campaign that will place our company more in touch with each specific customer and allow the identification of trends in what customers want and what they think about our company.
- Discuss how tangible and intangible measures are related to each objective and solution. For example, reductions in labor cost due to a proposed change accomplished via a specific IT project, is a tangible measure. An increase in customer satisfaction is less tangible. It can be measured by a validated survey. But what is the monetary value of an increase in customer satisfaction? Company data and other research can show there is a direct correlation between sales and satisfaction and that increases in customer satisfaction are associated with a predictable (within a range) increase in sales.
- Provide a discussion of the relative effectiveness of the research and how it might be improved to gain better results. Was there further information that would be helpful that was not found?