I’m studying and need help with a Nursing question to help me learn.
Assignment: How Illnesses and Injuries Affect the Mind
Health complications can be stressful, especially in more vulnerable populations like young children and the elderly. With stress and loss of function often come depression and other psychological manifestations. As a nurse, part of your job is to recognize and educate patients and caregivers on how to deal with the psychological complications of a health crisis.
In this Assignment, you will educate either a caregiver of an elderly patient or a caregiver of a young child patient on ways to prevent and manage psychological manifestations. Review the Learning Resources dealing with injuries and depression and anxiety.
Develop a teaching plan for treating the potential psychological issues that may result from health crises in either the elderly or young children. You will use PowerPoint to present your teaching plan. Some considerations to make include:
- In what ways does mental health need to be considered across the illness/injury continuum?
- How can nurses help both patients and caregivers work through mental blocks and depression associated with an illness or injury?
- Although treatment will take place in a medical facility, how can non-medical treatments be used as a supplement?
Support your idea with a minimum of three references from the professional nursing literature in the assigned course readings and other references in the Walden Library. If they are relevant, you may use one or two professional Web sites in addition to the literature references.
Include the main elements of your presentation to a group of parents or elderly or their caregivers. This PowerPoint presentation should include between 8–10 slides. It will be assessed using the Week 3 Assignment. Prior to submitting your Assignment, make sure to review the rubric, which is located in the Course Information area.
Note: Be sure to use the Walden Power Point template included in the Writing Resources and Program Success Tools.
Writing Resources and Program Success Tools
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
This checklist will help you self-assess your writing to see if it meets academic writing standards for this course.
- Walden University. (n.d.). Walden templates: General templates: APA course paper template with advice (6th ed.).
Retrieved May 31, 2019, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ld.php?content_id=45326751
For this Assignment, review the following:
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
- Writing Resources and Program Success Tools
- Week 3 Assignment Rubric
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK3Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK3Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 3 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 3 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 3 Assignment