I need help with a Computer Science question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Intrusion detection tools such as SNORT have been available to network administrators seeking a better understanding of what is entering their trusted networks. In recent times, there has been an increased emphasis on intrusion prevention, or the goal of preventing malware and other undesired traffic from entering the border of the trusted network. Networks have become increasingly dependent on the concepts of segmentation and isolation as a means to manage bandwidth and as an additional layer of security. The CIO of an international publishing company has hired you to explore the options available to the organization to implement some kind of packet detection and analysis tools. The network infrastructure includes a centralized IT department, located in Miami, Florida, that uses mobile technologies and virtualized servers and hosts to limit the need for offshore IT support. There are, however, printing and binding technologies located in Ireland and China that are locally controlled and managed.
Analyze the various intrusion detection (IDS) and intrusion prevention (IPS) technologies that are available to secure the network of an international organization.
Use the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2â€“3-page paper that covers the following topics:
- Analyze the various intrusion detection (IDS) and intrusion prevention (IPS) technologies that are available to secure the network of an international organization.
- Engage in hands-on activities using intrusion detection and prevention technologies in the virtual lab.
- Compare and contrast the strategic choices available for implementation of IDS and IPS technologies.
- Explore the strategies and methods that are available to rapidly deploy and fine-tune IDS and IPS technologies.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length of paper: 2â€“3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.