I’m trying to learn for my Engineering class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Watch the following videos. For each video, write down the salient points in a bulleted form. Create an MS Word file, 2 pages maximum.
- a. 5S – Gemba Academy (10 minutes)
- b. 5S IN MANUFACTURING (12 minutes)
- c. Videos on 7 Deadly Wastes (2 + 8 = 10 min):
- Glossary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaUWr4EsEB4
- Details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU01D-jTZcE&feature=related
Part – 2: Write one small paragraph answer for each of the questions: 1, 2, 3 and 4 from Chapter 3 of the text (page 87).1. What is the distinction between value-added and nonvalue-added activities in a process? Give examples of each (other than from this chapter).
2. Distinguish between necessary and unnecessary nonvalue-added activities. Explain how you differentiate them. Give examples (other than from this chapter). Can a nonvalue-added activity in some places be considered necessary, in other places unnecessary? Explain.
3. Describe typical support activities. Are they value-added or nonvalue-added, necessary or unnecessary? Explain.
4. What role do frontline workers play in distinguishing value-added from the nonvalue-added activities in a process?