Behavioral health leaders must become acquainted with the research that has been and is being conducted in the field. This allows them to support clinicians in using the scientific method to develop diagnosis and treatment and emphasizes the importance of using evidence based treatment (EBT) in place of the pseudoscience commonly seen in therapy. In this assignment, you will explore the literature available on a method of treatment and consider implications of that information for behavioral health leaders.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Select a treatment of interest (e.g., Psychodynamic Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Narrative Therapy, etc.).
Review three peer reviewed studies on the selected treatment. At least one should be a qualitative study and at least one a quantitative study.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that discusses the implications of the studies for the behavioral health leader. Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of each study. What treatment was studied? What type of study was it (qualitative or quantitative)? What were the findings and implications of the study? What were the strengths and limitations of the study?
- A statement that synthesizes the implications of all three studies for the behavioral health leader. How will the collective information from the studies influence the practice of the behavioral health leader?
A summary of each study is present, thorough, and accurate and includes relevant supporting details.
A statement that synthesizes the implications of both studies for the behavioral health leader is clearly presented and perceptive. Support for ideas is from scholarly, current sources.
Thesis and/or main claim are clear and comprehensive; the essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. The development indicated by the thesis and/or main claim is acceptable for publication.
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
The document is correctly formatted to publication standards. All research presented is scholarly, topic-related, and obtained from highly respected, professional, original sources. In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error. The paper could readily be accepted for publication.