I need an explanation for this Political Science question to help me study.
Open and watch the video https://www.ted.com/talks/eric_x_li_a_tale_of_two_political_systems/transcript?nolanguage=en%23t-926261#t-438324 (Links to an external site.)
and answer the following questions to the best of your abilities based on the video :
- How does the author explain that the Chinese one-party political system is adaptable, meritocratic, and legitimate even though there are no elections held?
- How does the party’s Organization Department work?
- What is the author’s take on government corruption?
- What are the author’s prediction for China?
- Go to the “Studio” tab and watch the video on Democracy, Authoritarian Capitalism and China. Discuss the differences between western style representative democracy and autocratic governments.
1. On an internet browser type the word “Andorra wikipedia” and pick the first link. On the right hand side you will see the Andorran flag, and other information like the capital, official language, etc. Read the section on government (including the links), and in your own words rephrase the information read and write three/four sentences to explain why Andorra’s government is defined as “Unitary parliamentary, semi elective diarchy”
2. Do the same as above for the country of Canada and explain to someone who does not have the time to read the whole thing, what is meant by “a federal parliamentary, constitutional monarchy”.
Note: Please double check your work before submission. Submission of empty files, corrupted files or wrong assignments (from other courses) are considered late until you submit the right file. The instructor usually takes three days to grade an assignment but under no circumstances it will take more than one week.