I’m stuck on a Psychology question and need an explanation.
Our text suggests that objective reality is often significantly different from our perceived reality and is an important variable to consider when making decisions within an organization. In addition, attribution theory describes how people create the explanations for their own and others’ actions, as well as for the outcomes of applied behaviors. Based on these two premises, formulate an analysis about how the development of our realities explain human behaviors within organizations and industry that can essentially affect rational decision making.
Your paper should include the following:
- Summarize the differences between perceived and objective realities and how our perceptions negotiate what we believe to be true.
- Discuss how the following affect one’s perception of reality and rational decision making.
- Attribution theory
- Bounded rationality
- Cognitive biases
- Conjunction fallacy
- Primacy and recency effects
- Selective perceptions
- Contrast effect, and
- Consider using headings in your paper to organize these elements.
- Explain why, as a leader or manager of an organization, one should be aware of the bias that our perceptions may have on day to day rationale decision making.
- Identify strategies to increase awareness of potential effectors of our ability to make rational decisions based on our developed realities.
Your assignment should be a minimum of four double-spaced pages, and should adequately discuss the topic, demonstrate maturating self-awareness, and include at least one peer-reviewed source, in addition to your text. Use the rubric to check for thoroughness. Include frequent citations to resources.