For this exercise, you will act as the group lead from Expert Foods Consultants, assigned to Biotech’s. You are preparing your research and putting together a document with your rationale for the selection of the location and best candidate. Make sure the document clearly provides a heading for the Best Location and the Best Candidate.
Determine the best location for Biotech’s new manufacturing and distribution plant.
Possible locations: Ohio, United States, Malaysia, or China.
1. You will research the three locations to assess the following. In completing the research, you will draw from various source documents that provide you specific information about the country. You will also use a wide array of course material. What this means is that external sources are related to the information about the country and the internal material is used to support your reasoning.
- The cost to acquire real estate;
- Sustainable/green products;
- Access to affordable but knowledgeable labor;
- Ease of distribution of manufacturing products to the plant;
- Ease of distribution of products to customers;
- Access to innovative employees that can create a new product line to gain market share from day one
- Other relevant information to determine the best location for the manufacturing/distribution plant.
2. Compare and contrast the differences between the three locations;
3. Make a determination of the best location supporting your reasoning using both the research and the course material. Students must use the course material to support the reasoning.
Determine which candidate Expert Foods Consultants should recommend to Melanie Malone with Biotech. In completing the research, you will draw from various source documents that provide you specific information about the country. You will also use a wide array of course material. What this means is that external sources are related to the information about the country and the internal material is used to support your reasoning.
- Sloan Jessie
- Maddie Cooper
- Bentley Hughes
1. You will evaluate each of the three candidates considering each candidate’s full body of experience and how their experience aligns with Melanie’s expectations for the new position as well as how each will lead within the context of Biotech’s mission and vision.
2. Make a determination of the best candidate supporting your reasoning using both the case scenario facts and the course material. Students must use the course material to support the reasoning.
How to Set Up the Exercise
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is in a narrative format, which requires a double-spaced document. Use Arial, 12-point font. You will cite within the document and provide a reference list on a separate page.
Do not use a question/answer format but using the headings: Best Location and Best Candidate
Provide a title page and a reference list on a separate page.
Provide an introductory paragraph, about 3 – 5 sentences for each question. It is important to write concise and clearly.