Need help with my Management question – I’m studying for my class.
Find a recent (within the past 12 months) article(s) pertaining to an EEO-related lawsuit (can be pending or ruled upon). The case should relate to Title 7, ADA, ADEA, or USERRA. Once you have located and read the article(s), please complete the following:
- Describe in detail the relevant aspects of the case. Specifically, what was the defendant’s complaint or charge against the employer?
- Explain how the charge relates to Title VII, ADA, ADEA, or USERRA.
- Evaluate the merits of the case. If it has been resolved, describe in detail the ruling and the grounds on which it was made. If the case is pending, what specific grounds do you think the court will focus on when determining the merit of the claim/charge?
- What should HR professionals learn from this case?
- Discuss the case from an ethical perspective. Did the employer behave ethically? How could a good understanding of business ethics have helped to potentially prevent the situation from occurring?
Be sure to document your sources. Font size should be no larger than 12 point, and spacing should be no greater than 1.5.
Tip: don’t settle for one source; once you find a case that seems interesting, see if you can find more sources which give additional information.